At The Van De Water Law Firm, P.C., our experienced legal professionals understand the grave physical, emotional, and financial toll that an injury or the loss or serious injury of a loved one can take on you and your family. We are committed to protecting your rights and will fight hard to obtain maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other damages.

If you’re in a car accident, the first thing to do is call 911 and seek medical attention immediately. Place flares or warning lights to alert traffic, then check on all potentially injured parties and help stabilize them to the best of your ability until help arrives.

Take photos and video of the scene, your injuries, and the damage to vehicles. Collect driver’s license information, contact information, and insurance information from all involved drivers, and jot down everything you can remember about how the crash happened.

If you have a voice recorder on your phone, it’s a great way to document the accident and record comments made by involved parties and witnesses. If possible, get a copy of the police report before you leave the scene. This valuable piece of evidence may be used to back up the facts of a personal injury claim down the road.

Do not make any statements to or sign anything from an insurance company representative without talking to your car accident lawyer first. While it may seem like insurance companies want to help, they prefer to offer minimal settlements or may even deny your claim altogether. That’s why it’s essential to seek the counsel of a car accident attorney who is well-versed in negotiating with insurance companies to ensure you receive maximum compensation for your damages.

If you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, our experienced and compassionate attorneys can help. Don’t go it alone – to schedule a free initial consultation at The Van De Water Law Firm, P.C., call 516-400-4142 or 631-923-1314.  We are conveniently located in both Nassau and Suffolk Counties.